Sunday 27 January 2013

Glitter and Glue

Last time I played with my Flitter Glu (Indigoblu) and gilding flakes, I just couldn't get it right but this time the results are better and I'm pleased with the finished images.  This image is called Ella Bella.  The  flower is made with one of my spray ink backgrounds, using the TH Tattered Florals and Pine Cone die. 



(This was made using wax paper in the centre of the flower). The ripped note book edges are a Spellbinders die and the film strip is TH.

Much as I love these dimensional cards, they are such a pain to post.  You really need a box and it does increase the postage cost by quite a lot.  I'm curious if anyone has a solution to this - other than not sending dimensional cards! lol

I managed a photo in the garden - its so nice to have some blue sky and the temperature a few degrees higher!

11 comments:

Paper Profusion said...

Fabulous card Carol. Love how the flakes work wonderfully in that stamp. The film strip with lace backing looks beautiful and love your flower too. Nicola x

ria gall said...

Wow you really did get it right this time as this is a beautiful piece of art. The colours are fab and the gilding flakes add the wow factor
Ria

craftimamma said...

This is lovely Carol. The gilding flakes and Flitter Glu work so well with that lovely image but it does take a bit of practice doesn't it. When I first started using it I kept leaving the inked stamp on my card a second too long and kept lifting the card surface when I lifted the stamp, lol!

I love dimensional handmade flowers and other embellishments and haven't come up with any solution for posting without a box and paying the extra. Only my 'special' people get cards like that these days which is a bit of a shame.

I love how you've done the centre of the flower on this card and used the film strip.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Paula Whittaker said...

loving the orange, black and gold - very striking.

Heather said...

Another winner Carol. I have a job to get clear outlines with gilding flakes but the shape here is perfect. Love the flower too.
It's a shame that these cards are so difficult to post - I don't know what the answer is.

Netty said...

Beautiful card Carol, but postage is a pain now as its going up again this month........ x

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic gilding with the flakes - how amazing the image looks... No solution to the 3D card postage, sorry - but imagine the magic of receiving this... worth the extra pennies?!
Alison x

Sarah Anderson said...

This is stunning Carol, so many beautiful elements

Cath Wilson said...

LOVE gold leaf and I love this image, too, unless it's the other one I have, lol - can't remember :-( Brilliant - bet that flower paper was gorgeous when you made it!

hazel said...

A gorgeous card Carol - beautiful colurs.
xxx Hazel.

Suzanne C said...

LOVE that gold effect in the image! Fantastic card. Beautiful design.