Wednesday 24 August 2016

Some new stuff

Hi Peeps, it's been a very long time since I've blogged but I haven't stopped making stuff and am still quilting.  Here's a couple of thing recently done.

I've always been a HUGE fan of Kaffe Fassett ever since he appeared in my life with knitting back in the 80s.  I've just finished this quilt top from one of his books called Bordered Diamonds  (still have batting, backing and borders to add).  It was the whole reason I started quilting in the first place.  I knew I just had to make it.



This is a wall hanging by JoAnn Hoffman called The Modern Dragonfly.  Again, all Kaffe Fassett fabrics and about 1.2 m/4ft height and width. I've changed the dragonfly layout slightly and added a border. I just have to find a wall to hang it on!  If you like the pattern you can buy it here.


7 comments:

Juls said...

Wow these are gorgeous xx

Heather said...

You really have taken to quilting Carol - both these are wonderful. I love Kaffe Fassett's work too and envy him his way with colour.

Suzanne C said...

Those are gorgeous! Glad to hear you are still busy crafting and creating!

Chris said...

Wow, both are fabulous, Carol. I don't think I have a room big enough to make it in let alone hang it lol

Lovely to see what you've been up to :)

Frances said...

Carol, both of those quilts are signing a beautiful tune. I can only imagine the careful stitching involved in their creation. Wow!

xo

Gina said...

What stunning quilts Carol! And good to see you back here!

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful diamond quilt, I have the fabrics for this one but yet to make a start. I am a huge fan of all the KF Collective fabrics. Lovely dragonfly quilt and I like the background quilting. I have almost finished my Gypsy Wife quilt, beautiful fabrics in yours, I am enjoying the process with mine.