Tuesday 19 January 2010

Another day at The Stamp Attic

Pen and I spent Sunday at the Stamp Attic taking part in a class with Sue Roddis. This time it was all about faux metal which involved embossing card covered with foil with the Cuttlebug.

We also played with Stazon inks to create the really brightly coloured elements to decorate

our backgrounds with. I must say this is the MESSIEST class I have ever been to. I even decided I needed to resort to rubber gloves for the first time ever LOL.

The front and the back were both decorated and the pieces joined together with twill tape.


This is the final product. The undecorated pieces forming the back cover. Thanks to Wendy and Sue and all the other class members for a very entertaining day!



17 comments:

patcrafts said...

This is fantastic you are so lucky to have been able to go to this class, unfortunately I live too far away. I would have absolutely loved this class, your book is just out of this world.

Kaz said...

looks like a good class, gorgeous stuff you've made from it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours & designs! That faux metal is such fun isn't it Carol?!xx

Cath Wilson said...

Excellent, Carol - I've already commented on Pen's book and I must try that. I've done ATCs that way but never a book. Bet it was fun :)

Caroline Moore said...

wowwww - looks pretty cool Carol - not a mess in sight either!!!! love embossing with metal :0)

Chris said...

Wow, Carol. Looks like you had a fab day at your workshop. I love your results.

Juls said...

wow what can I say ! STUNNING!!!!!

Karin said...

Wow what a fantastic mini book. I love the total effect of this. Looks like you had a fabulous time.

Paula J Atkinson said...

These are fabulous!! Great texture & lovely mix of colour.

Sarah Anderson said...

It's a fab workshop of Sue's that one isn't it?!!! I've used that technique lots since. Great fun, but also inspiring

Unknown said...

oh wow!!! this is wonderful work!!!

Heather said...

These pieces are wonderful Carol - what a super class. Those backgrounds are so versatile. I love all your pieces.

Miek said...

Like the one with the flowers !

Anonymous said...

Fantastic backgrounds, love uit, great colours and stamps.

Helen said...

What an amazing class that must have been!

Siobhan Brignull said...

that is a fab piece of work,sounds like a supa fun class

BitchA.Lgl© said...

WONDERFUL !!!