Sunday 29 March 2015

What I've been up to....

It really has been a while this time and I did wonder whether I should even bother to carry on posting. Like a lot of folks whose blogs I've read recently, they are using other forums such as twitter and facebook these days.

I'm still doing lots of sewing.  One of the latest things I tried was paper piecing using a template from the latest Love Patchwork and Quilting. In a nutshell you start with a paper template which has numbered sections.



Starting at number 1 section you add your fabric piece by piece



but you actually do the stitching on the template pattern side


Took me a while to get my head round it but I was on a roll once I started.  This is the first quarter


followed by the second.  You can see if will look fab once it's finished.


My Gypsy Wife quilt is all layered up with wadding and backing (see previous post) and ready to quilt.  I've just realised what a marathon task it's going to be trying to get all this through my little sewing machine but it seems such a cop out to send it to the quilter.  I have yet to decide what I'm going to do......


And finally, I've started dressmaking.  There are so many patterns on the internet that you can download and print yourself now.  I've also discovered I've got a local fabric shop which is actually a tardis inside  lol   I've started with this.... just my colours and am already making my second item.  Watch this space!




9 comments:

Heather said...

Gosh Carol - you are on a roll. Those quilt blocks are fantastic and so accurate. I love the finished quilt too and wish you luck with the quilting. There is no end to your talents - dressmaking too. Love the fabric and it looks beautifully finished.

Words and Pictures said...

I'm absolutely thrilled you've posted - I'm not a Facebooker or a tweeter, so it's a complete joy to catch up with the amazing work you've been doing. The quilting designs are stunning - and how exciting to have moved into dress-making too... looking forward to seeing lots more.
Alison xx

massofhair said...

Keep the blog please Carol, i do tweet but not on FB so i would miss your posts!!!

Such stunning quilting is beyond me as is the dressmaking but i love to see your progress, it's an inspiration to me.

Looking forward to your next adventures :-) xxx

hazel said...

What amazing work, I'm looking forward to seeing more dressmaking.
xxx Hazel.

Gina said...

Wow! Some fabulous sewing going on there. Your paper pieced blocks are going to look stunning when they are put together.

Sarah Anderson said...

I love seeing what you've been doing so please don't stop blogging! Those quilt squares are amazing; never knew how they were done! And I adore your gypsy quilt :)

SanDee1899 said...

wow amazing!

Anne Jagger said...

That paper piecing is fabulous, it will look amazing. Love your quilt too.
Keep blogging - so much nicer than Facebook/twitter!

wergolden said...

Hi could you please share what issue of Love Patchwork and Quilting you found the wonderful circular flying geese pattern?