Monday 31 March 2014

A few cards...

Still enjoying cards with my Heartfelt Creations dies. The one below is for Paula (and I'm sorry I completely forgot your birthday!)  The sentiment is one of  Lin Brown's new plates over at PaperArtsy and the paper is ancient from my stash so probably not available any more.


I've been using spray adhesive to attach the glitter recently... it works quite well.  The centres of the flowers are smaller versions of the same die moulded with a ball tool. There are lots of videos on the HFC blog and their YouTube channel if you're interested.


And of course it was Mothering Sunday yesterday.  These papers are from a Teresa Collins paper pack and I've used a Spellbinders trellis die (perfect size for a 5 x 7" card)


Here's a close up . The flower centres are resin - I think they came from The Range.


16 comments:

sam21ski said...

Gorgeous xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful flowery makes and I love the glittered look. Great idea with the spray adhesive!

massofhair said...

Rather yummy creations Carol, not really tried any HFC dies must check them out :-) xxx

Paula J Atkinson said...

My card is gorgeous. You have to actually hold it in good light to really appreciate how these flowers glimmer. Beautiful. :-)

Heather said...

Beautiful cards Carol. I love that trellis die and your treatment of the flowers gives them something extra.

karen said...

we were forbidden from using spray adhesive at Uni.....the cleaners hated trying to clean it up!! I hope you had a lovely mothers day Carol.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous cards!

Chris said...

Gorgeous cards, Carol. Love the colours on the first card and the trellis on the second.

I have the HFC dies and stamps but they're still in their packages...

Chris xx

Neet said...

What beautiful cards Carol. Love the centre of those flowers.
Gorgeous colours too.
Hugs, Neet xx

Rossella said...

I love both of your beautiful cards,
Rosie x

G Peplow said...

Hi Carol, Two great cards :D The first is a fab blend of purples and greens, ooh yummy, those flowers are beautiful and the second card is really pretty in pink and blue and again have smashing centres, resin? mmm how clever. I can see I'm going to have to get me some of those pretty little things :D xx

JoZart Designs said...

Fab card but those flowers are gorgeous, so textural.
I've made my windmill bag apart from the handles, should finish it today. I love it so THANKS again to you!
Jo x

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!!! Love your flowers !!! Hugs Juls

hazel said...

Gorgeous cards Carol - the flowers are fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Karin said...

beautiful, stunning cards Carol.

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, the glittering flowers look so gorgeous, Carol - what lovely cards!
Alison xx